Saturday, January 8, 2011

Julie and Julia Pt. 2 - Jonathan and James?

Either last year or the year before a movie came out about a girl who worker her way through the entire Julia Child's cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking. It was a fun movie and a great story about life and the adventures of kitchen mishaps, upsets, and disasters as well as the occasional and extremely satisfying success.

Well, I like to cook and would love it if someone bought me Julia's cookbook, but I love something else maybe even more.

Bread.

And as Christmas present I received James Beard's Beard on Bread. Check it out here.

This man loved bread even more than I do. The book is filled with 100 of his favorite recipes and although I already know a little more than the average joe about bread, I decided today to work my way through and make every recipe in the book, cataloguing the experience here for all to enjoy!

I am stoked. While I have plenty of friends who enjoy the fruits of my labor, James will be my first official bread mentor. This is going to be awesome!

No comments: